Aeronautical Engineering: Let Your Dreams Fly!
If you were always fascinated or dreamt about aircraft, planes, and spaceships as a child, a career in aeronautical engineering, might be your life's calling. Aeronautical engineering is a popular career choice amongst youngsters today. Let's dive into the article to get the complete details about what career opportunities you can expect as an aeronautical engineer.
What does an aeronautical engineer do?
Aeronautical engineering is the scientific study of design, manufacturing of flight machines, and techniques of operating aircraft. The objective of studying aeronautical engineering is to construct, analyze, design, and test commercial aircraft for its optimum performance. It's their job to carry out extensive research to produce high-ended aircrafts, satellites, missiles, design, and spacecraft equipment. They are also responsible for the development of modern technologies for the effective operation of commercial aviation, defense systems, and space exploration.
Eligibility Criteria and Higher Studies
Students must have passed the 10+2 from a recognized central or state board with at least 70% of the marks with Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics as the major subjects of study.
Curriculum and Core Subjects
The core subjects of Aeronautical Engineering are as follows:
- Fluid Dynamics
- Materials sciences
- Structural Analysis
- Automatic Control and Guidance
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Structures
Aeronautical Engineer Skills Required
Key skills for aeronautical engineers are:
- Strong Communication Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Innovative and Creative Thinking Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Mathematical Skills
Aeronautical Engineer Job Prospects
Some of the job prospects are:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Aircraft/Spacecraft Designer
- Data Processing Manager
- Military Aerospace Engineer
- Inspector and Compliance Officer
- Aerospace Technician
- Mission or Payload Specialist
Aeronautical Engineer Salary
In India, the average salary for an aeronautical engineer can range from Rs. 30 lakh to Rs. 32 lakh per annum.
Some of the top universities in India are:
- Jain University, Bengaluru
- Manipal University (MU), Manipal
- Vel Tech University, Chennai
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET), Faridabad
- Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS), Chennai
- Prasad V Potturi Siddhartha Institute of Technology (PVPSIT), Vijayawada
- Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
- Kalasalingam University (KU), Krishnankovil
- Sri Sakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology (SSIET), Coimbatore
- Institute of Aeronautical Engineering (IARE), Hyderabad