Anthropological Pathways to Careers!
There are many great reasons why undergraduate and master?s students should consider studying Anthropology. First, the material is intellectually exciting. Additionally, anthropology prepares students for excellent jobs and opens doors to various career paths.
What do Anthropologists do?
Anthropologists are scientists who study the evolution of human beings and how they interact with the world. They believe in a holistic approach as they focus and study the problems of human affairs stretched across various disciplines ? economic, political, biological, social, and cultural.
The subject material of anthropology is very broad; hence it is divided into various branches. These branches are- Linguistic Anthropology, Cultural Anthropology and Biological Anthropology. Each of these fields makes use of distinct skills. So let's dive into the article to know more information.
Eligibility Criteria and Higher Studies
Candidates aspiring to be anthropologists must acquire a degree in science, arts, social science, or international studies in a university with a major in anthropology. Later, you can pursue a post-graduation qualification.
Curriculum and Core Subjects
Some of the core subjects are:
- Socio-cultural Anthropology
- Biological Anthropology
- Archaeological Anthropology
Anthropologist Skills Required
Some of the key skills required are:
- Analytical and Critical Skills
- Good Written Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Discussion and Group Work Skills
- The ability to gather, assess and interpret data
Anthropologist Job Prospects
Careers related to the field are:
- Working in Museums
An anthropologist can earn a salary ranging from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per year.
You can check out this list of the top universities in India if you want to pursue a bachelor's in Anthropology.
- Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Ashoka University, Sonipat
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts, Pune
- Vidyasagar University, West Bengal