Career In Cyber Security
Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic services and any attacks to the system. In cyber security, the processes, technologies and practices are designed to protect networks, devices and data from any external attacks. By using hardware and software, it protects any data that is sent through your computer and other devices.
Artificial Intelligence is playing a pivotal role in Cyber Security. With the latest technology, it can detect viruses and complex algorithms to run recognition patterns in cyber security.
In this field, your duties will encompass:
- Monitor the network and identify irregular activity.
- Employ prevention tools against attacks.
- Use vulnerability management systems on the premise and the cloud.
- Educate the employees on safety browsing and ways to identify malicious activity.
Eligibility Criteria and Higher Studies
Candidates should have completed 10+2 examination with at least 65% marks with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects to apply for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Cyber Security.
Curriculum and Core Subjects
|Name of the course||Topics||Description|
|Data structures||Systematic way of solving problems Organization of huge amount of data Program in C Sorting techniques Graphs and routing algorithms||The objective of this course is to provide in-depth information on problem-solving techniques and data structures.|
|Digital principles and system design||Boolean functions Combinational circuits HDL Sequential circuits Different types of hazards||This subject gives a student detailed knowledge about various digital circuits.|
|Java programming||Applications in core Java Different protocols used in web Bean Development KIT in Java Server-side Programming Concepts Swings||This subject helps a student to learn complex features of Java and to develop skills to deal with different kinds of java programming.|
|System software||System software and machine architecture Design and implementation of assemblers Design and implementation of loaders Design and implementation of linkers Macro processors||The objective of this subject is to make an individual understand the fundamentals and idea of assemblers, loaders, linkers, and macro processors.|
|Design and analysis of algorithms||Basic concepts of algorithms Mathematical aspects and analysis of algorithms Sorting and searching algorithms||The goal of this subject is to generate analytical skills and to allow the students to design and analyze algorithms for various applications.|
|Training||24 weeks of training||This training is mandatory for the students pursuing this course.|
|Project||Submission of project||The students pursuing this course have to submit a project on any topic related to their field.|
List Of Electives:
- Software Engineering
- Network Security
- Cyber Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics
- Applied Cryptography
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System
- Law enforcement
- Banking and finance
- Health care
Careers Related To The Field
- Cyber security technical architects
- Cyber security specialists
- Information security, cyber security or vulnerability analysts
- Cyber security engineers
- Cyber security technicians
- Cyber security principals
- Security or cyber security administrators
A cyber security professional in India can earn an average salary of INR 5 lacs.
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
- Graphic Era University, Dehradun
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- UPES, Dehradun
- BITS, Hyderabad
- Sushant University, Gurgaon
- Ganpat University, Gujarat
- Raksha Shakti University, Ahmedabad
- GNA University, Phagwara
- The Neotia University, Kolkata