Mathematical Technician: If Maths Has Always Been Your Favourite, You Could Probably Become A Mathematical Technician! Find Out How!
Do you have a passion for solving critical maths problems? Does finding solutions to mathematical problems drive you? Are you keen to apply mathematical problems in solving real-life problems? Then a career as a Mathematical Technician is ideal for you!
A Math technician computes and solves mathematical equations that are a part of executing engineering projects or scientific researches. They apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to problems in engineering and physical sciences related to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products.
Skills Required for being a Mathematical Technician:
- Mathematics ? A person good at using mathematics to solve problems can aim at a career as a mathematical technician
- Critical Thinking ? An individual must be able to use logical reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension ? For a mathematical technician it is important to read problem statements and understand how to mathematically find solutions to it
- Judgment and Decision Making ? A mathematical technician will not only solve a problem but opt for the most costs feasible solutions maximizing the profitability.
Careers as a Mathematical Technician:
There is a quickly growing need for mathematicians in the job market, and those who find employment may earn a high salary as compared to typical engineering and management jobs.
- Engineering Partner for advanced technologies in computers, machines, electronics, automobiles, architecture, etc.
- Research Partner in scientific equipments,
Education and training:
For applying to a job as a mathematical technician, you will need at least a bachelor's degree in mathematics. For a deeper understanding and entry into complex job roles, you can do a Masters in Applied Mathematics.
Indian Institutes that are best for Applied Mathematics Bachelor's and Master?s Degree:
- National Institute of Technology - [NIT]
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda - [MSU]
- Indian Institute of Technology - [IIT]
- P.S.G College of Technology - [PSGCT]
- The University of Calcutta
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology - [MNIT]