The Right Path to a Career in Radio Jockey!
The FM career is booming with more than 7000 private and around 5000 community radio stations rising up all over India. This means that there are tons of opportunities for you as a radio jockey. The life of an RJ is very satisfying as the job brings fame and respect altogether. Aspiring RJ will get to 'connect' with people in a big way. If this is sounding like your kind of career then learn more on how to get started.
Eligibility Criteria and Higher Studies
Aspiring RJ must hold a minimum qualification in a bachelor's degree in any field with an aggregate of 60%. After graduation, you can then pursue a diploma and postgraduate course in radio programming and broadcast management.
Curriculum and Core SubjectsBelow are the subjects for Radio Programming.
- Communication Studies Communication Technology Radio and Television Broadcasting English Composition English Language and Literature Graphic Communications Public Relations and Advertising
- Macro Aspects of Marketing and Communication (History, Law, Ethics and Social Communication)
- Radio Content
- Art and Science of Producing TV/ Radio Content
Careers Related to the FieldSome of the careers related to the field are:
- FM/AM Radio Jockeys
- Talk Radio Jockeys
- Sports Talk Radio Jockeys
- Satellite Radio Jockeys
Aspiring RJs can earn a salary ranging from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per annum. It can extend beyond this, depending on the popularity.
Top UniversitiesSome of the universities and colleges in India are:
- Radio City School of Broadcasting, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- The Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad