A Line Following Robot: A Solution to Reduce Human Effort?Find Out How!
Humans are progressing towards an era of digital solutions where manual tasks that require less intelligence and more of physical strength are replaced by machines. All mundane tasks can now be automated and human skills can be utilized into improving the standard of living, scientific improvements, doing cognitive or psychological tasks or finer arts or social betterment.
How Does This Robot Work?
This Robot has 3 main components:
- The mechanical part or the body of the robot: This part is proportional to the weight of batteries and sensors mounted on it. It needs to be lightweight and sturdy.
- The kinematics of the robots: Kinematics of the robot involves the infrastructure of its motion with respect to a fixed coordinate system.
- The control of the robot: The robot controls involve track sensors and optical motion sensors this helps the robot to follow a track for movement and stop if there is an unpredicted obstacle
There are various advantages as well as the application of line following robot.
Application Of Sensor Robots:
- They can be used in logistics industries for moving
- It can be used as a home floor cleaning or object moving device etc.
- In hotels, they are being used for the room service or as bell boys transfer of things from one place to another following a straight path
- These types of robot movements are automatic and don't need a remote control
- The system in the robot can be installed
- Its relatively cheaper
- This system helps build a technology that can be applied in airports, railways, theatres, military, manufacturing, restaurants, etc.
A Career In Robotics:
If you are fascinated by Robots and how they work? If you want to know what are the mechanisms behind Robots? Pursue a can pursue a diploma, bachelor or master courses in this field. (Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in Robotics Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Robotics followed by M. Tech or ME in Robotics)
Jobs in Robotics are
- Robotics Programmers.
- Robotics Technicians.
- Robot Design Engineer.
- Robotics Test Engineers.
Research links for global researches on Robots:
A PATH FOLLOWING SYSTEM FOR AUTONOMOUS ROBOTS WITH MINIMAL COMPUTING POWER
SIMPLE AND EFFICIENT BI-COLOR PATH FOLLOWING ROBOT CONTROL ALGORITHM TEACHING IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING EDUCATION
Path Planning Automated Guided Robot