Keep India clean - support Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan with Digital India Initiative On ?Smart Dustbins??
#forms of cancers
Globally, India is depicted as a country with poverty, illiteracy and garbage littering. The 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' campaign, led by PM Narendra Modi is inspiring the cities to adopt clean initiatives. Digital touch inspires people to recycle, reuse and keep their streets clean.
What does the ?Digitally Clean India? include?
1. Swachh City App: Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan got the digital momentum from the Swachh City App. This application is a platform for citizens to connect with the sanitation authorities on a digital platform. On the beneficiary interface, citizens can view the various initiatives run in their city. The respective authority to contact in case of queries, complaints or suggestions. This app provides a platform for the civil authorities to connect with their people to resolve their complaints, queries and gather intelligent solutions. This app also gives a platform for cities to compete against each other based on the cleanliness and hygiene levels.
2. Smart Dustbins: ?Smart Dustbins? is an innovative concept wherein the ordinary dustbins are given sensors to open the lid automatically in the presence of a person pointing towards it in close proximity. They are solar-powered trash cans that have internal sensors as well, that gauge the level of trash and send signals to the sanitation team if they are full.
3. GPS for Toilets: Swachh City App to highlight public toilets on GPS to discourage public urination and defecation, it also monitors the activity of completion of building toilets on the administrative interface.
4. IoT based waste management: This system is an integration of smart devices like smart dustbins, smart toilets, recycling stations, etc. by a web-based system that can send signals through sensors and effectively manage waste.
5. Loyalty program: Smart Dust Bin ID card to register loyalty points for unique users to record their contribution in the segregation of dry, wet, medical and e-waste. These loyalty points can be redeemed for ?Swachh Bharat? cess exemption.
6. E-platform for reusable commodities: This is a web-based marketplace to connect owners of reusable products, or scrap to relevant buyers.
Benefits of digitization of Swachh Bharat:
1. Promotes cleanliness: Anything digital reduces human effort, thus people will be motivated to take up cleanliness initiatives
2. Inspires innovation: The research and development in the digitization of Swachh Bharat is inspiring young minds to innovate
3. Makes it easier to track: Digitization of waste management helps in organizing the large unorganized sector of scrap, recycling, reuse, and waste management. This brings a lot of streamlining and process-driven development in this sector. Activities like tracking and monitoring of toilet construction, registering the complaints of unheard citizens, etc. come under the radar of the government.
4. Scalable: Non-digital initiatives can run only if there is a body of persons running it with seamless dedication. Digitally established initiatives have a specified process that can be taken over by anybody and implemented anywhere.
1. Implementation is a challenge: Implementation of the digital initiative is not possible in rural areas and tribal communities where it is needed the most. Most of rural India is not well connected with electricity, transport, and the internet.
2. 100% support from citizens: There is a large group of citizens who are not yet aware of their responsibility to help government shoulder-to-shoulder in the implementation of Swachh Bharat.
Swachh Bharat - affiliated NGO?s