Defluoridation Of Water By Solar Energy
- #Career Articles
- #Indian Air Force Career Guide
- #Indian Air Force Career Advice
- #Career in Indian Air Force
- #Career tips Indian Air Force
- #How to join Indian Air Force
- #Eligible Criteria For Indian Air Force
- #Career in Defence
- #Indian Air Force Academy
- #How to become Air Force Officer
- #Salary Range Indian Air Force Officer
- #Top Universities for Air Force
Fluoride, which exists naturally in water sources, is derived from fluorine, a common element in the Earth's crust. Fluoride in water is supposed to be helpful in preventing tooth decay. However, if it is highly concentrated in our water, it can result in dental fluorosis. This leads to tiny white streaks or spots on one's teeth. These spots can be a sign of fluoride toxicity in other parts of the body as well. Hence, it becomes necessary to separate this fluoride from water. This project looks at one such way to do that.
This process provides effective de-fluoridation media that has selective high efficiency for fluoride removal. The total system is simple in operation and maintenance. It has unit operations like settling and clarification. It works on solar energy which is one of the most sustainable modes of energy that converts solar rays into useful electricity.