How To Crack IIT-JEE
IIT-JEE is perhaps one of the toughest entrance examinations that students face in their educational career. It is of paramount importance that JEE aspirants follow a proper schedule, preparation tips and strategy to prepare for the JEE exam at home.
It may be noted that JEE Main has changed its exam pattern for 2021. There will be a total of 90 questions in the JEE Main exam, but the candidates need to attempt only 75 questions. In each of the subjects, i.e., Physics, Chemistry and Maths, 20 questions will be multiple-choice questions, and 10 questions will have answers to be filled as numerical values.
When the stakes are high, the preparation needs to be higher. Although preparation leads the road to success, it also requires a certain strategy. Discussed below are a few effective tips and tricks for aspiring students to tackle IIT-JEE exams.
Prepare for JEE Main
One of the biggest questions running at the back of the mind of every candidate is how to make JEE Main preparation plan. First and foremost, segregate the topics for each subject and know the weightage. Although all the topics are equally important, some key topics do have their importance. Check out the topper interviews, previous year papers to understand the weightage of the topics, and then chart out the plan accordingly.
Below are some guidelines while making the preparation plan:
- Give an equal amount of weightage to all topics;
- Distribute the study time by giving more time to the harder topics;
- Ensure revision time is scheduled in the plan.
Plan of Action
- Study a chapter and then understand the concepts mentioned in NCERT books;
- While studying, make notes of important points and formulas that will be handy during revisions;
- After studying a chapter or a topic, immediately try to recollect it;
- Practice questions based on the topic studied. Try to solve them on your own, and even if there are mistakes, then correct them. This will help you know how to crack JEE Main;
- Give a JEE Main mock test after completing the subject. Ensure you give as many mock tests as possible, so that you can analyse the preparation levels, and understand the areas of making the mistakes;
- Analyse the weak areas and concentrate on improving them while revising;
- Be wise to revise - Without revision, it is difficult to crack JEE Main as multiple revisions improvise the subject;
- Clear every concepts or doubt and never leave any question unanswered in your mind;
- Apply brake and take break ? It is not at all wise to study continuously. Take some time off, get refreshed and then start again. To rejuvenate listen to music, play a game or do whatever eases your brain. Even physical exercises for a few minutes help boosting up the memory power.
Books for JEE Main
Although NCERT books are good to cement the foundation, it is advisable to also refer specialized books on JEE Main. Over the past few years, some of the reference books also have tips given in the end. Practice exercises given at the end of each chapter and learn the in-depth knowledge necessary to crack JEE Main. No preparation would be complete without referring to the best books for JEE Main.
|Best Books for Physics||Best Books for Chemistry||Best Books for Maths|
|Concepts of physics (Vol. 1 and 2) by H.C. Verma||NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII)||Objective Mathematics by R.D. Sharma|
|Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee||Plane Trigonometry by S.L. Loney|
|Understanding Physics by D.C. Pandey||Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon||The Elements of Coordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney|
|Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov||Concept of Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur||Algebra by Dr. S.K. Goyal|
|Understanding physics by Freedman and Young||Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee||Play with Graphs by Amit M. Agarwal|
|Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov||Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins||Differential Calculus by Amit M. Agarwal Integral Calculus by Amit M. Agarwal|
|Problems and solution of physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari||Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH|
?Practice makes a man perfect? is an old adage, but very true from the examination point of view. Practicing harder helps in understanding various techniques to solve any problem. Use the chapter exercises, mock tests, sample papers and every chance of practice to make sure that you are on top of the game in the JEE Main preparation attempt. Keep in mind, the eventual goal can be achieved only if you successfully cross every path that leads to success in JEE Main. Previous years JEE Main sample papers can also be checked out for better practice.
Exam Day Tips
- Identify the location of the exam center a day before
- Keep the exam kit ready one day prior to the exam to avoid panic
- Ensure a peaceful sleep a night before the exam day
- Do not stress about the result during the exam. Just take one question at a time and solve it with all your focus.
Preparation is always termed as the ?key? to a successful attempt in any entrance exam, as only the best of the lot can reach that goal.
The above tips and tricks to prepare for JEE Main will ensure you have a successful attempt and come out with flying colours.