All About The ?National Education Day 2020!?
Every child has the right to education. Education is the foundation of branching out into any field. It facilitates quality learning all through a person?s life. Education aims to introduce a learner to existing concepts and provoke the learner to think and be creative. The learner can choose to take this ahead and manifest it into reality. In modernized India, while some enjoy the privilege of higher education and even have access to international education, children in interior parts of India do not have access to this basic need. In 2009, the Right to Education Act was passed by the government. On September 11, 2008, the Ministry of Human Resource Development declared November 11 as ?National Education Day? to commemorate the first education minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and his contribution to the cause of education in India.
?Education imparted by heart can bring revolution in the society.?
-Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
How Did Maulana Abul Azad Reform Education?
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, formerly known as Maulana Sayyid Abul Kalam Ghulam Muhiyuddin Ahmed bin Khairuddin Al-Hussaini Azad, served as the first education minister from 1947 to 1958.
- He took up this responsibility after illiteracy prevailed in India after many years of exploitation.
- He was a poet, journalist, scholar, visionary, and freedom fighter. He vastly contributed to the formation of India, along with many leaders.
- Many educational policies were shaped by Azad when he was heading the Constituent Assembly.
- He considered schools as laboratories that nurtured the future of the country.
- As a freedom fighter, he started the weekly Urdu journal Al-Hilal.
- He was dedicated to stabling educational institutions in the country as he believed it was the civilization's building block.
- Azad was appointed as a member of the foundation committee of Jamia Millia Islamia at Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, in 1920. In 1934, he assisted in moving the institution to Delhi.
- Because of Maulana Abul Kalam, primary education, girl?s education, free and compulsory education for everyone up to the age of 14, vocational and technical training was implemented.
- Azad was the first to foresee the Indian Institute of Technology's start (IIT Kharagpur) in India in 1951.
- Due to his vision, the University Grants Commission was set up in 1953.
- He ao founded Sangeet Natak Academy in 1953 and Sahitya Akademy and Lalit Kala Akademy in 1954 to promote culture.
- Many institutes were named after him, such as Maulana Azad Medical College in New Delhi, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology in Bhopal, Kolkata's Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Maulana Azad National Urdu University in Hyderabad, Maulana Azad Centre for Elementary and Social Education and a few more.
- He has written many books like ?India Wins Freedom? and ?Ghubar-e-Khatir.?
?Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.?
-Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
Theme Of National Education Day
The theme for National Education Day 2020 is ?Skill Awareness and Empowerment.?
Here?s How You Can Celebrate The National Education Day!
Keeping the theme of this year?s National Education Day in mind, you can engage in some of the activities mentioned below:
- Arrange an essay writing competition and share your essays on social media platforms.
- Write a thought-provoking slogan for this day and share it in your school Whatsapp group.
- List three skills that are empowering and set a target to acquire them. This is a great self-development activity.
- Hold a virtual webinar and connect with your school mates. Talk about the contribution of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. Ask your teacher to choose a topic of debate and hold a live debate session.
- Set some goals for you, such that it enables ?Learning Beyond Books?
- Host a Facebook Live session and narrate your speech that spreads awareness on skill development.
- Ask your parents and elders to contact professionals from the field that interests you. Have a conversation with them along with your parents for career guidance.
- Have a sketching competition and make a portrait of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad to celebrate his birthday. Share this on social media platforms and add relevant hashtags.