Pizza is one of the favourite fast foods enjoyed by all age groups. Over the years, pizza has been consumed in various forms. In the late 18th century, pizza was discovered in Naples. At a time when poverty struck Naples, the people were struggling to meet their dietary needs. The pizza was an economical dish had by all family members during any time of the day.
In 1889, Raffaele Esposito made three pizzas for the Queen Margherita and King Umberto I. The first one was topped with lard, the second with caciocavallo and basil, and the third with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. The third pizza turned out to be the queen’s favourite and was named after her as Margherita.
Try out this Delicious No-Cook Mini Margherita Pizza Recipe
4 slices of bread
2 stems of basil leaves
2 cheese cubes or mozzarella cheese or 4 cheese slices
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
Oregano/salt to taste
- Materials: Child-safe knife, cutting board, cheese grater, plate, tablespoon and teaspoon
- Wash the tomatoes and basil leaves with water
- Cut the tomatoes into half and then into thin slices
- Pluck the basil leaves
- Grate the cheese cubes
- Place a slice of bread on the plate.
- With the tablespoon spread the tomato sauce on the bread.
- Place the tomato slices on the bread.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and cover the slice of bread.
- Add a few basil leaves (Since basil has a strong flavour add only 2-3 per slice of bread)
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of oregano or a pinch of salt on the pizza.
Under adult supervision only - This pizza slice can be heated for 5 minutes on a pan with a closed lid on slow flame or in a microwave oven for 3 minutes.
Enjoy this delicious pizza slice in minutes. You can put your creativity to the test. Customise this pizza slice and let the chef within you shine. Use different raw ingredients and even cut the sliced bread in shapes to make it look intriguing. This dish is ideal for a snack between meals, and you can surprise the adults with your skills while they are busy working from home. This pizza can be packed in Tiffin and had for lunch as well. Pizza is a diverse meal and choose healthy ingredients to make a balanced meal. Don’t forget to take pictures of the pizza or shoot a video using the time-lapse feature.