Building a Career in Sculpture? Brush up your Skills!
Are you thinking of becoming a sculptor?
If yes, then it takes more than talent and enthusiasm to make it as a sculptor. A career as a sculptor can be fulfilling, fun and frustrating at the same time. You must be tough-skinned and should be able to accept criticism or rejection while maintaining the drive necessary to forge your own career path. So, let's dive into the article and brush up the things you need to know before choosing the career.
Eligibility Criteria and Higher Studies
Aspiring candidates must hold at least a graduate degree in (B.F.A) in sculpturing.
Curriculum and Core Subjects
Some of the core subjects studied in B.F.A in Sculpturing are:
- Applied Art
- Art History
- Print Making
- Visual Communication
Careers Related to the Field
Some of the careers related to the subject are:
- Fine Artist
- Industrial Designer
- Art Teacher
- Exhibition Designer
In India, the average money that a sculptor makes ranges from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per annum.
Some of the top universities in India are:
- Faculty of Indic Studies, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Raja Mansingh Tomar Music and Arts University, Gwalior
- Parul University, Gujarat
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Lovely Professional University, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Crafts and Design
- Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture And Fine Arts University, Hyderabad
- KIIT School of Fine Arts, Bhubaneswar