Bi Directional Counter For Smart Power Management?Find Out!
Wastage of electricity is one of the main problems which we are facing now-a-days. In our home, school, colleges or industry we see that fan/lights are kept on even if there are nobody in the room or area/passage. This happens due to negligence or because we forgot to turn lights off or when we are in hurry.
In today?s world, there is a continuous need for automatic appliances with the increase in standard of living; there is a sense of urgency for developing circuits that would ease the complexity of life. To avoid all such situations we have designed this project called ?Automatic room light controller with visitor counter?
This project has two modules, first one is known as ?Digital Visitor counter? and the second module is known as ?Automatic room light controller?.
Also if at all one wants to know the number of people present in room so as not to have congestion. This circuit proves to be helpful.
Bidirectional Visitor counter System Work
Light Automation using Bidirectional Visitor counter? using Microcontroller is a reliable circuit that takes over the task of controlling the room lights as well us counting number of persons/ visitors in the room very accurately.
The main concept behind this machine is known as ?Visitor counter? which measures the number of persons entering in any room like seminar hall, conference room, classroom.
This function is implemented using a pair of Infrared sensors. LCD display placed outside the room displays this value of person count. This person count will be incremented if somebody enters in the room and at that time lights are turned on. And in a reverse way, person count will be decremented if somebody leaves the room. When the number of persons inside the room is zero, lights inside the room are turned off using a relay interface. In this way Relay does the operation of ?Automatic room light controller?. Since this project uses 2 infrared sensors, it can be used as Bidirectional person counter as well.
Applications of bi directional counter
1. Digital Visitor Counter can be used in various rooms like seminar hall, conference hall where the capacity of room is limited and should not be exceeded. Project will display actual number of persons inside the room.
2. ?Automatic Room light Controller with Visitor Counter? can be used in class rooms, study rooms in colleges.
3. Automatic Room light Controller project can also be used in our home because many times we come out of our bedroom or any other room and we forgot to turn off the room light.
4. Bidirectional person counter project can be used in Cinema halls, multiplex, malls as well as in temples to count the number of person entering inside. So that these places should not get over crowded to avoid congestion.
Advantages Of The Project:
1. Main advantage of this project is that it helps in energy conservation. Because when there is nobody inside the room then lights are automatically turned off.
2. Human efforts to count the number of person is eliminated. Since this project does the automatic person counting with the help of two sensors installed on door frame.